R ossell Funeral Home was established by Norman M. Rossell in 1947. That same year, his brother, Ronald E. Rossell, a World War II veteran, began working for him. In 1959, the brothers formed a partnership that lasted until Norman retired in 1964. When Ronald retired in 1978, his two sons purchased the business from him. Rossell Funeral Home has been operated by Ronald's son and daughter-in-law, Ralph R. and Elizabeth Rossell since they purchased the business in 1988.
The original building, housing a portion of Rossell Funeral Home, was built in 1886 and the old horse and carriage barn still exists and is used today as a garage. A museum on the second floor of the funeral home displays funeral items from long ago.